- Same tuition rate regardless of residency
- Offers credit for military training
- Experiential learning settings
- Offers some bachelor-completion programs
Southeast Missouri State University has a long history of quality education having begun as a normal school in 1873. Since then, it has grown into a comprehensive public university offering more than 200 areas of study. Known for its dynamic, groundbreaking academics, Southeast also allows online students to complete a range of undergraduate and graduate degree programs and certificates as well as two education specialist programs. Its online programs feature the same courses as those offered on-campus but with a flexible and convenient asynchronous format.
Southeast Missouri State University’s Accreditation, Approvals, Tuition & Admissions Info
Accreditation and Approvals
Southeast Missouri State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Undergraduate tuition — $272.25 / $272.25
- Graduate tuition — $334 / $334
Admissions and Transfer Info
Southeast Missouri State University’s admission prerequisites and application requirements vary by program.
Southeast evaluates freshman applicants on ACT/SAT scores, high school cumulative GPA, class rank and high school core curriculum courses.
Transfer students with fewer than 24 transferable hours must meet freshman admission guidelines and attend First STEP orientation.
Transfer students with at least 24 transferable credit hours must submit official transcripts from each college or university they’ve attended.
Depending on the graduate program, Southeast applicants must meet minimum GPA requirements and submit reference letters and GMAT/GRE scores.
International students must submit TOEFL or IELTS scores.
- Student population: About 12,000
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 21 to 1
- Percentage receiving grant or scholarship aid: 91%
- Accreditation: Regional (Higher Learning Commission)
- Region: Midwest
- Retention Rate: 74%
- Requires SAT or ACT: SAT or ACT
- Public/Private: Public Nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 83%
- Graduation Rate: 49%
- Cost Per Credit (In-State/Out-of-State): Undergrad: $272.25 / $272.25
- Grad: $334 / $334
- Address: One University Plaza, MS4675, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701 USA
Southeast Missouri State University Featured in TBS Rankings
- Ranked among The 100 Best Online Colleges for 2018
- Ranked among The Best Online Colleges in Missouri
Online Bachelor Degrees
- Ranked among The 20 Best Online Bachelor in Social Science Degree Programs
- Ranked among The 20 Best Online Bachelor of Information Technology Degree Programs
- Ranked among The 30 Best Online Bachelor of Criminal Justice Degree Programs
- Ranked among The 25 Best Online Bachelor in Business Administration Degree Programs